Why believe?

9/24/2008 01:57:00 AM / /

Hi friends,

"We will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever. With our mouth's we will make known His faithfulness to all generations"

I desire to speak but don't know what to say . Nevertheless, "...what I have I give to you".

See this: "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen". It makes me wonder aloud, 'God what meaneth this?'

And He used this example.
I have been hoping and believing God for a project, and I ask myself; 'what is the evidence that i will achieve this project when the future is so uncertain'.
I am convinced the project will materialize but what facts do I have today that tomorrow the project will be. The only fact I realize I have today, is that I BELIEVE.

That belief, that faith is the only evidence. The sure ticket that the project will come to pass. Hmmm.
The process of converting the ticket of faith to reality is a mystery exclusive to God alone. Let's not go there.

I ponder further...

"Without faith it is impossible to please God". In order to make this heaven, we must please God.
What is the evidence we have today that tomorrow we will make heaven (this is a constant question).

Again, the evidence, the fact, the ticket we have today for heaven tomorrow is FAITH. Only faith.

If we can believe today that "The spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God", then we can make heaven tomorrow.
If we can believe today that "As many as are led by the spirit of God they are the sons of God", then we can make heaven tomorrow.

I wonder again... Am I really led by the spirit of God? But if not, why am I not a friend of the world. We must not belittle the great work of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

As this walk is a continuous process and not a one-off incidence, He says..." The just shall live by faith".

Oh! That means the element of our everyday life is FAITH. We must believe our way through every single process of everyday, as an evidence of justification.

Whoa! Faith is an integral element of our lives! That answers the question ... "Why am I the one going through these challenges (maybe) all the time?"

By and large, this little ticket of faith has yielded great products:

- By faith, Abel gave an excellent offering, that speaks to date
- By faith, Noah condemned the world and saved his household
- By faith, Abraham left his country for an unknown city whose builder and maker was God

- ADD YOUR STORY HERE. The faith you have today is the ticket for that which you hope for tomorrow...

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous on September 27, 2008 11:18 PM

-By faith, Rita...(plenty plenty things)

Thanks for sharing this post. It has boosted my faith...

Anonymous on September 28, 2008 5:58 PM

Hahahaha Rita, let us hear the (plenty plenty things). Thanks.

Anonymous on September 29, 2008 7:54 PM

Faith, ha this thing called Faith. Not so easy to have (without faith) yet still very essential for living.

Anonymous on October 03, 2008 3:26 PM

Rita directed me here and here I am.
Interesting subject, this faith.
I'd be the first to admit that sometimes it eludes me.
Can you give modern day stories of faith? Something closer home. The ones in the Bible are a bit far.

Evidence of things not seen.
Evidence in a court of law is physical. This is not too easy to understand. I get the message though. Believe as simply as you believe in things you can see. This is faith. now truthfully, how many times have I put faith in God without evidence? Rarely.
Just thinking out LOUD.

Anonymous on October 13, 2008 11:00 AM

@ rethots and tobenna, indeed faith is not easy! When i think of how it has applied in the events of my life in the past, i cannot help but hold on to it for the challenges of the present... because indeed, there is no other way to survive if God is your choice.

A good example for me was when i got my job. After i had done my best and believed i should get the job, things still appeared remote. Many other candidates were called up but i had to wait and just believe. Eventually, one day... i was called up.

Post a Comment